New Year’s Day is a big holiday, so big in fact that you might run into problems visiting a number of your retailers.
January 1 is a federal holiday, so there won’t be any mail delivery or garbage pickups. However, if you want to buy some groceries or get some new duds, you might be in luck.
Here’s a rundown of all the national chains we know will be open. If you don’t see where you’d like to go on the list, that doesn’t mean they’re not open. That said, it’s a good idea to give local hot spots a call before heading out, just in case they’ve decided to be closed for the day.
Stores are open their regularly-scheduled hours unless otherwise noted. Many close early, so it pays to go sooner rather than later:
- Dollar General
- Target (8am – midnight – for stores typically open late)
- Bed Bath & Beyond (open 10am – 6pm)
- Best Buy (open 10am – 7pm)
- PetSmart (open 10am-6pm)
- TJ Maxx (open 9:30am -6pm)
- Marshalls (open 9:30am – 6pm)
- Home Depot (open 9am -8pm)
- J.C. Penny (open 10am – 9pm)
- Whole Foods
- Publix (some stores may close early)
- Albertson’s (some stores may close early)